The Ocean Memory Project seeks a part time Community Manager.
This person will work closely with the project leaders in all aspects of management of this research project. This is an ideal position for a student or early professional looking for experience the fields of research community management and leadership. Tasks include budgeting, program management, member/research database management and community building with with the larger ocean/ climate change community. Will include travel and attendance to Ocean Memory seminars and events.
Skills: The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in the topic of ocean memory and in research community management, a willingness to learn, and a positive attitude. The admin/community manager must have strong verbal and written communication skills, friendly phone demeanor, be attentive to detail, and will have to be knowledgeable about and respectful of individual researchers in this community. Knowledge of Google drive tools, and general office and design software is a plus. We will give preference to applicants who are New York based, but will consider strong candidates wishing to work remotely. They must be comfortable with a casual work environment, eager to learn and ready to jump in wherever needed.
Time commitment is approximately 10 hours per week at $20 an hour.
Please submit a cover letter outlining aptitude and interest, resume and names and contact information of three professional references by December 21, 2018 to Daniel Kohn at email@example.com.
Community manager duties: See AAAS definition
Support the Ocean Memory Project community through the following activities:
- Manage all calls, meetings and meeting agendas.
- Participate in meetings and take notes for distribution and archiving.
- Co-develop & co-maintain website structure & content • Co-develop & co-maintain Ocean Memory community communication platform(s)
- Assist in developing yearly event cycle and help execute planning throughout the year. • Advise & assist leadership transitions.
- Help Ocean Memory leadership, fill diversity gaps in disciplines, genders, professions, ethnicities, etc.
- Help delegate tasks to other Ocean Memory community members